Hamish’s opinion on those things every man should know or be capable of.
– Every man should know right from wrong; living it; admitting to their wrong doings, and accepting the consequences of their actions
– Regardless of marital breakdown, every man puts his children before himself, regardless of his feelings toward his ex.
– Every man should own a suit, and all the things that go with it.
– Every man should know how to waltz
– Every man should be able to cook at least one quality three course meal without requiring instruction
– Every man should be capable of defending his loved ones, regardless of detriment to themselves
– Every man should know how to throw a decent punch with either hand
– Every man should have the equivalent of three months wages put away for unforeseeable emergencies
– Every man should have a basic understanding of current events nationally and internationally
– Every man should be aware of etiquette and manners. Eg – standing when a lady comes to the table; opening car doors; using language appropriate to the situation (not swearing in front of ladies, kids, etc)
– Every man should be trying to improve himself every day.
– Every man should travel his own country before exploring others.
– Every man should respect to the opinion of others, whether they agree with them or not is irrelevant
– Every man should never say anything about anyone behind their back that they would not say to their face; or, have repeated by another.
– Every man should defend his country when required, without question
– Every man should have an education, and a skilled means of making a living
– In this order of priority – family, friends, others, you.
– In order of priority of evacuation of persons during an emergency – Women, children, the elderly and infirmed, you.
– Every man should know at least three places and ways to dispose of a body.
– Every man should only share a secret with no more than three people, so long as two of them are dead.
– Every man should stand by his mates through thick, thin, hails of bullets and ex. wives.
– All rules are really just guidelines, open for creative interpretation.
– Anything said in an argument, specifically with women, is null and void after 24 hours.
– Every man, under the laws of man and God, is free to harbour hearty disdain for any in-law.
– Any ex of a man’s partner is the enemy unto death, women do not understand this.
Thats about all I can think of this Saturday morning, but that is not a bad start.
Hamish and the Bad Seeds.